Get a FREE FORUM now !

Dicte - Season 2

Moderator: SammY T

Dicte - Season 2

Postby acricketer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 am

Very much enjoyed this Danish show about a journalist and would love to see Season 2 :D
acricketer

Re: Dicte - Season 2

Postby andaround » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:03 am

acricketer wrote:Very much enjoyed this Danish show about a journalist and would love to see Season 2 :D

I didn't like the first series (in fact I thought it was crap) and gave up after 1½ episodes, so didn't bother with series 2. It is running on TV2 Denmark at the moment and there are four episodes, well two episodes each in two parts. Look around, lulu170 was talking about doing it, but she said her subtitles were Swedish which seems a bit odd, but now that I think about I think the translation collaboration for series 1 started in Swedish. Anyway it is around.

andaround

Postby acricketer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:30 am

I was hoping for some English subtitles. I know it is around. I tried translating the Swedish subs using Google Translate but too sketchy for my taste.
acricketer

Postby andaround » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 am

acricketer wrote:I was hoping for some English subtitles. I know it is around. I tried translating the Swedish subs using Google Translate but too sketchy for my taste.

I can only give you same advice I gave lulu170 when she contacted me to ask if I was interested. Put the Swedish subs through collaboration. If it is something that people are interested in, like The Killing or The Bridge, it gets picked up and done very quickly. Failing that you can try lulu170 and see if she has done it, she was talking about doing so.

andaround

Postby andthewiz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:02 pm

andaround wrote:
acricketer wrote:I was hoping for some English subtitles. I know it is around. I tried translating the Swedish subs using Google Translate but too sketchy for my taste.

I can only give you same advice I gave lulu170 when she contacted me to ask if I was interested. Put the Swedish subs through collaboration. If it is something that people are interested in, like The Killing or The Bridge, it gets picked up and done very quickly. Failing that you can try lulu170 and see if she has done it, she was talking about doing so.

Update.

I have just spoken to my partner in crime shows. If he is interested we will do it. It is him that has to do all the work anyway, I just do the easy bit.

andthewiz

Postby acricketer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks for all your efforts. Much appreciated.
acricketer

Postby ilovezvezda » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks for working on this. Dicte's 1st season was great, would love to see the 2nd season too.
ilovezvezda

Postby lossy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Loved season 1, keen for season 2, how's the English subs coming along? :)
lossy

Postby andywiz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:44 am

lossy wrote:Loved season 1, keen for season 2, how's the English subs coming along? :)

I've been sending him the episodes and subs but I don't think he has looked at it. He did say at the time that if it was one of the ones that had Danish and Swedish dialogue he may prefer to wait for the Norwegian showing and subtitles. If that sounds odd let me explain.

The show is Danish. It is being shown on a Danish channel and a Swedish channel at the moment. If there is mixed language dialogue, the broadcaster inserts hard coded subtitles for the 'other' language. i.e In Denmark they insert hard coded Danish subtitles whenever a Swede speaks and in Sweden it is the other way round. This hard coded text is not included in the soft coded SRT file which I capture, and from which rhodi170 makes his translation. That means that to include an English translation for those parts it must be done by ear rather than from text, and it then has to be inserted into the SRT complete with timings. That is a time consuming and difficult process. It also brings the added complication of superimposing the soft coded subs on top of the hard coded version making it difficult to read. Either that or it has to be placed somewhere else on the screen blocking out the action. When we posted things like The Bridge we got round the problem by working from the Norwegian broadcaster's copy. They use selectable (soft coded) subs and it includes all dialogue. That way it is a comparatively easy job to do a translation from Norwegian to English, all in a text file. No timings to worry about, no overlap on screen.

We have over three hundred films and series episodes in the translation queue at the moment and this number is increasing every day. Today for instance I have already captured 14 hours worth of Nordic material and it is only 7.30 a.m. I still have the daily German shows to get. It will be around 24 hours worth of viewing time alone, that's before any work is done. With so much stuff we generally give priority to things, that
a) interest both of us,
b) can be done quickly,
c) will appeal to the largest number of people.

Dicte appears to fail on two out of three counts, so I don't think we will be posting it any time soon. In fact due to leeching problems we won't be posting anything unless and until we set up our own forum.
andywiz

Postby lossy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm

:( Thanks for the efforts though!

Are there any Danish or Swedish subs (or any other language subs) available for it that aren't hard coded? If so, where are they available?
lossy

Next

Return to Requests