Dicte - Season 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 am
by acricketer
Very much enjoyed this Danish show about a journalist and would love to see Season 2 :D

Re: Dicte - Season 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:03 am
by andaround
acricketer wrote:Very much enjoyed this Danish show about a journalist and would love to see Season 2 :D

I didn't like the first series (in fact I thought it was crap) and gave up after 1½ episodes, so didn't bother with series 2. It is running on TV2 Denmark at the moment and there are four episodes, well two episodes each in two parts. Look around, lulu170 was talking about doing it, but she said her subtitles were Swedish which seems a bit odd, but now that I think about I think the translation collaboration for series 1 started in Swedish. Anyway it is around.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:30 am
by acricketer
I was hoping for some English subtitles. I know it is around. I tried translating the Swedish subs using Google Translate but too sketchy for my taste.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 am
by andaround
acricketer wrote:I was hoping for some English subtitles. I know it is around. I tried translating the Swedish subs using Google Translate but too sketchy for my taste.

I can only give you same advice I gave lulu170 when she contacted me to ask if I was interested. Put the Swedish subs through collaboration. If it is something that people are interested in, like The Killing or The Bridge, it gets picked up and done very quickly. Failing that you can try lulu170 and see if she has done it, she was talking about doing so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:02 pm
by andthewiz
andaround wrote:
acricketer wrote:I was hoping for some English subtitles. I know it is around. I tried translating the Swedish subs using Google Translate but too sketchy for my taste.

I can only give you same advice I gave lulu170 when she contacted me to ask if I was interested. Put the Swedish subs through collaboration. If it is something that people are interested in, like The Killing or The Bridge, it gets picked up and done very quickly. Failing that you can try lulu170 and see if she has done it, she was talking about doing so.

Update.

I have just spoken to my partner in crime shows. If he is interested we will do it. It is him that has to do all the work anyway, I just do the easy bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 pm
by acricketer
Thanks for all your efforts. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 pm
by ilovezvezda
Thanks for working on this. Dicte's 1st season was great, would love to see the 2nd season too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm
by lossy
Loved season 1, keen for season 2, how's the English subs coming along? :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:44 am
by andywiz
lossy wrote:Loved season 1, keen for season 2, how's the English subs coming along? :)

I've been sending him the episodes and subs but I don't think he has looked at it. He did say at the time that if it was one of the ones that had Danish and Swedish dialogue he may prefer to wait for the Norwegian showing and subtitles. If that sounds odd let me explain.

The show is Danish. It is being shown on a Danish channel and a Swedish channel at the moment. If there is mixed language dialogue, the broadcaster inserts hard coded subtitles for the 'other' language. i.e In Denmark they insert hard coded Danish subtitles whenever a Swede speaks and in Sweden it is the other way round. This hard coded text is not included in the soft coded SRT file which I capture, and from which rhodi170 makes his translation. That means that to include an English translation for those parts it must be done by ear rather than from text, and it then has to be inserted into the SRT complete with timings. That is a time consuming and difficult process. It also brings the added complication of superimposing the soft coded subs on top of the hard coded version making it difficult to read. Either that or it has to be placed somewhere else on the screen blocking out the action. When we posted things like The Bridge we got round the problem by working from the Norwegian broadcaster's copy. They use selectable (soft coded) subs and it includes all dialogue. That way it is a comparatively easy job to do a translation from Norwegian to English, all in a text file. No timings to worry about, no overlap on screen.

We have over three hundred films and series episodes in the translation queue at the moment and this number is increasing every day. Today for instance I have already captured 14 hours worth of Nordic material and it is only 7.30 a.m. I still have the daily German shows to get. It will be around 24 hours worth of viewing time alone, that's before any work is done. With so much stuff we generally give priority to things, that
a) interest both of us,
b) can be done quickly,
c) will appeal to the largest number of people.

Dicte appears to fail on two out of three counts, so I don't think we will be posting it any time soon. In fact due to leeching problems we won't be posting anything unless and until we set up our own forum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
by lossy
:( Thanks for the efforts though!

Are there any Danish or Swedish subs (or any other language subs) available for it that aren't hard coded? If so, where are they available?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:07 pm
by andywiz
I just capture them from whatever broadcaster I capture the video from, in this case TV4 Sweden.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:09 am
by lossy
I'm sorry if what i'm asking is an inconvenience, I don't really have much of a clue of it all and how it works, but is it possible for you to upload the Swedish (/or whatever other language you have) subtitles so we (let's be honest, I) can download them? That's assuming you already have them/don't need to do extra work and they aren't hard coded.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:34 am
by andywiz
Sorry, I am no longer posting my stuff here. When Janna's original site was closed and she started this one I tried to help her get started by posting a selection of my foreign language stuff with a request that it wasn't reposted. One idiot told me that if I didn't want it reposted I shouldn't post it here in the first place. So I stopped.

When she moved from here to the new one I once again tried to her get off to a good start by offering and posting some brand new foreign stuff, with the same request that people respect the work and did not repost. Within hours some idiot, could have been the same one, had taken it from here and it was reposted in my thread on another site. So let the idiot(s) supply from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 pm
by lossy
Arghh, people suck. I guess it's the internet hey. I don't suppose you'd be willing to send them over e-mail? To be honest I only really signed up to ask how the subtitles were coming along, the whole foreign tv show thing is new to me, Dicte, The Bridge and Borgen are the first shows I started watching after living in Denmark for a few months. One of the downsides is, subtitles are hard to come by for shows like Dicte :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:06 am
by andywiz
I have just done a quick one line search. The Swedish subs for series 2, which is what I capture, have been posted on one of the main sub sites. I don't repost what anyone else has posted, and I respect this site by not posting other site addresses here, but they are easy to find.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:19 pm
by Great Dane
I have tried to have a look - but they can't be loaded on to my subtitle workshop programme :-(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:31 pm
by elfion
andywiz wrote:Sorry, I am no longer posting my stuff here. When Janna's original site was closed and she started this one I tried to help her get started by posting a selection of my foreign language stuff with a request that it wasn't reposted. One idiot told me that if I didn't want it reposted I shouldn't post it here in the first place. So I stopped.

When she moved from here to the new one I once again tried to her get off to a good start by offering and posting some brand new foreign stuff, with the same request that people respect the work and did not repost. Within hours some idiot, could have been the same one, had taken it from here and it was reposted in my thread on another site. So let the idiot(s) supply from now on.
I think you are doing the work you are doing for wrong reasons. Seems like you are doing it for some sort of recognition, instead of doing good things for the community. A lot of people are working on stuff like that and many other non for profit projects, and their work gets plagiarized all the time. And guess what? You posting this stuff is also taking advantage of the hard work that the actors did and the money the producers invested. But instead of at least doing some good to the community that really wants to watch the content, people who are not willing to pay or can't pay etc. So you are letting all of them down. AND you are posting files that are freaking branded with a big red box "Yet another andywiz file leeched...". I'm talking about the new Wallander episode. The leeching is a shitty thing to do. But it's natural, just like short selling on the stock market. You can't really stop it. Because if it was possible, then you wouldn't be able to post it at all in the first place. Which is kind of in agreement with what "the idiot" said, actually. You have to face the reality that there will be leechers, it's inevitable. But why should the community have to suffer because they download the file you posted with malicious branding in big red box? The difference between what the leechers did and what you did is huge. What they did is a shitty thing to do to YOU, but it's actually a good thing for the community. Because they are spreading the great content you created. But you are doing a shitty thing for EVERYBODY. It's childish, and it's very very morally questionable, from my perspective.

This site is hosted by free-forum.net